You can imagine my delight when I learned that the Foxes were opening FINO Restaurant Patio and Bar in the space that previously home to Granite Cafe. I have always loved that space, particularly the patio, and couldn't wait to see what they did with it. And, of course, they did something fabulous.
FINO offers tapas, small plates and entrees with a mediterranean flair highlighting the best of local ingredients. The entrees are delicious, but I love the tapas and small plates because you can order several and share. More tasty bites for everyone!
For brunch, I had the Egg, Leek and Petite Basque Coca which is like a flatbread pizza with a very delicious, perfectly cooked egg on top. Since then, I have also had this for dinner. It's that good.
Jenna chose the FINO Benedict which mirrors the classic but is served with Serrano ham on top of a potato instead of bread. Jenna was kind enough to share a bite and I truly enjoyed this variation. It helped that the egg and potato were cooked perfectly.
During Eat Local Week, they are hosting one of their special Chef's Table dinners on December 9th with Balcones Distillery. Founder & Distiller Chip Tate brings his Baby Blue & Balcones Rumble to the table. Bar Manager Bill Norris will pair Cocktails and Cask Samples with Chef Jason Donoho's fabulous food. FINO will donate 15% of the proceeds to Urban Roots.
