Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting organized in the kitchen with Edible Austin COOKS!

Sometimes the most important time I spend in the kitchen isn't cooking, but getting organized.  In Edible Austin's new COOKS! issue, I explore two of my bigger kitchen dilemmas.

The first was how as a renter I could create a greener kitchen since remodeling isn't an option.  The easy to implement tools I explore in the Eco Kitchens: Every Little Thing article can be used by anyone to significantly cut down on kitchen waste.

I struggled for years with how to store my recipes and actually be able to find them again when I needed them.  All of that changed when I discovered Evernote, software that allows you to store and categorize notes easily and access them from anywhere - even your smart phone.  Now, when I clipped a recipe to try someday, I could actually find it again.  I explore how you can use Evernote and several other applications for effective recipe storage in the Smart Food: Recipe Storage article.

What are some of your favorite kitchen organizing tips?