This week I was shopping at the market for a nice dinner for our Sunday family dinner. I decided on one of my tried and true recipes - Poblanos Rajas with Shrimp. It's a yummy and easy Mexican dish with zucchini, peppers, shrimp and lots of great spices.
By the way, if you haven't been to the market lately, summer crop is in full swing and there are more veggies than you'll know what to do with. And, there are peaches and blackberries. Go to the farmers market!
On Sunday, I packed everything up and went out to my sister's house in Mountain City. I prepped all the veggies, peeled the shrimp and then hear her say, "You know, we have lemon pepper noodles you can use."
I said, "Huh? Lemon pepper noodles with Mexican shrimp?"
"Oh, I didn't realize we were having Mexican. I was kind of craving Italian."
So... the cilantro went in the fridge and I regrouped. I didn't have any of my spices with me so I rummaged through Ginger's cabinet and found enough to make it work.
Phew!
We ended up having a great meal and a nice relaxing evening.
Lemon Pepper Zuchhini Shrimp Fettucine
1 pound peeled, deveined gulf shrimp
1 pound zucchini, chopped
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
lemon pepper
salt
oregano
1 package lemon pepper fettucine
1 cup white wine
Toss the peeled shrimp in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, lemon pepper, 1 clove minced garlic and salt. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
Start water to boil for the pasta. Cook to package instructions.
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add zucchini and saute until almost tender. Add shrimp, a dash or two of oregano and white wine. Cook until shrimp are cooked through. If I'd had capers, I would have tossed those in, too at the end.
Toss the pasta in with the sauce until pasta is coated.
