Saturday, September 13, 2008

Introducting The Dirt - Sustainable Food Center's Blog

As you've probably picked up, I am a huge fan of The Sustainable Food Center and their work in Austin. While most of us see their work through the Wednesday market at the Triangle and Saturday market downtown, they make a huge impact in this community by supporting community gardens and teaching families healthy eating through their Happy Kitchen program.

This week, they launched a redesign of their main website http://www.sustainablefoodcenter.org/ and launched their own blog called The Dirt. I hope you will explore the new offerings and consider supporting this great organization.

And since I'm on the subject of my favorite Austin nonprofits, the Capital Area Food Bank needs your help. Hurricane Ike has put a tremendous drain on their resources so if you can help or make a donation, please consider doing so. A $1 donation buys 5 meals. If you can't give time, please make a donation - $10 could go a long way in making a difference - a donation doesn't have to be large to make big impact.