The New Braunfels farmers market is Friday afternoon from 3-6 at 205 S. Castelle, which runs parallel to Seguin Ave, in a lot behind the Faust Hotel. When you turn onto Castelle, look for the Faust Brewery sign.
The market is small, there were about 7-8 vendors, but like the Dripping Springs market, the quality was good. I was delighted to see that Caskey Farms and Ottmers Family Farm, regulars at the Downtown Austin Farmers Market, were both there. I bought some delicious pluots from Busch farms, baskets of okra and sweet onions from the Ottmers and two loaves of bread for the crew at the river.
Harvest Bread Co, but they were out by the time I got there. I substituted with a loaf of Pepperoni Roll bread which was a lot like eating a rolled up piece of pepperoni pizza (without the grease). We cut it up and every snacked on it while we were waiting for dinner.
The other loaf of bread was a Roasted Potato and Garlic from Phoenix Rising. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was delicious and was a great complement to a steak dinner.
If you find yourself in New Braunfels on Friday afternoon, I recommend stopping by to see what treasures you can find. It'll be worth the stop.
