Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dining Out Sustainably: El Arbol

When I was having a bad day as a kid, all I wanted was go hide in my non-existent tree house.  Well, I'm not a kid anymore, but there are days I'd like to go hang out in the tree house, and now I've found the perfect place - El Arbol.

With a three story terraced deck surrounding a gorgeous oak tree, El Arbol mixes modern decor with a 70's Brady Bunch chic giving you all the ambience you need to enjoy their Argentinian fare.

Ceviche Criollo
Ceviche Criollo
Empanadas
Cerdo & Espinaca Empanada



El Arbol sources Gulf seafood like Snapper and Grouper from San Miguel Seafood, pork from Richardson Farms, and Texas beef from Strube Ranch.  They are also working with John Lash from Farm to Table for local produce.

El Arbol Grouper
Mero con Patatas a la Riojana (Gulf Grouper)

El Arbol Pork Belly
Falda de Cerdo - Braised Richardson Farm Pork Belly
The dishes are packed with flavor from the citrusy tang of the tender ceviche to the hearty spice of the chorizo with a perfectly grilled grouper.  Even a seamlessly innocuous side of fried Brussels sprouts was packed with another flavor that we fought over the portion and almost ordered a second batch.


El Arbol Escolar
Pescado con Noquis - Escolar & Gnocchi

Brussels sprouts at El Arbol
Repollitos de Bruselas

The next time you need to lift your spirits, go hang out at the tree house and enjoy some lovely, locally-sourced Argentinian dishes. Your inner child will be glad you did.

See you at El Arbol!