Saturday, June 27, 2009

Austin Farm to Table First Wednesday Picnic in the Park


I love a good picnic. For me, there is something magical about relaxing outside, visiting with friends and enjoying a good meal.

The first time I went to the Triangle Farmers Market, I was surprised at how many people were having dinner in the park. The band was playing, the kids were frolicking in the fountain and it was lovely. I've decided I'd like to join the picnic fun and see if I can't recruit you to do the same.

The first Wednesday of every month, I invite you to accompany me at the Triangle Farmers Market (46th & Lamar) at 6:30 for dinner in the park. The market is from 4 to 8 pm so you can come early, by your goodies and then meet me on the lawn for dinner. By 6:30, the shade should be starting to edge across the park (yea!). Bring the kids, the dog, the frisbee, a blanket and your beverages.

You can find me by looking for this blanket or this market bag. Hope to see you Wednesday!



062709_(2)_1


062709_(2)_2