The thing I'm most excited about is the new vendors. The market started expanding last fall by adding Dai Due, serving breakfast and lunch and selling charcuterie, delicious sausages and condiments. If you haven't had the biscuit, sausage and gravy for breakfast yet, do yourself a favor and try it this week.
Last week, Kocurek Family Charcuterie joined the mix (because honestly you can never have enough charcuterie) with their own delicious meat and pantry items. The duck bacon and spicy Italian sausage are scrumptious!
I almost cried when I saw the Way Back When Dairy (formerly Remember When Dairy) booth. I have missed them! I got so used to drinking their delicious, low-heat pasteurized milk and was crestfallen when they stopped coming to the market to resolve partnership issues. Grocery store milk, even the organic variety, isn't even close.
This week promises even more fun because there are many festivities planned for the christening of the market in the park including two different chef demos and games for the kids. While I love a good party, I'm most excited about the arrival of two of my favorite farms at the Downtown market - Bella Verdi Farms and Full Quiver are joining the mix! Woo hoo!
I'm equally excited about Full Quiver's arrival. I frequently buy their delicious cheeses and pork at the Sunset Valley market and am delighted that they will be Downtown. They are some of the highest quality products I have tasted and are clearly handled with love and care by the Sams family.
If you've skipped the market the last few weeks because of weather, you are seriously missing out. So, see you at the market!
