Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Will Ride for Veggies: Win a Ticket for Bike Tour to Boggy Creek Farm

I love riding my bike, but I'm no Lance Armstrong. Despite having done several triathlons, I'm often intimidated to join group rides because I've heard horror stories of friends getting left behind by uber-cyclists. Luckily, that is no longer an issue.

Elliott McFadden from Austin on Two Wheels and Keith Byrd from Social Cycling ATX recognized that there are lots of people who want to explore the city by bike and have created Discover the City on Two Wheels to meet those needs.

For the next three weekends, Discover the City on Two Wheels is hosting a ride each Saturday to highlight a different aspect of social life in Austin. The rides are about 8 miles and are designed to be an easy pace so that someone from any skill level can enjoy it. And, if you don't have a bike, they have a few loaners, so no excuses!

This week, Saturday April 10th at 2 pm, riders will participate in a Taste of Downtown that includes a stop by Frank for gourmet sausages and Halcyon for dessert samplers all for just $15.

Saturday April 17th at 11 am, riders can join the Pampered Pedal Ride with coffee and pastries at Halcyon followed by light yoga and a mini-spa treatment. You even get champagne and a gift bag! Spa! Champagne! Gift Bag! All of this for just $40.

Last but not least, on Saturday April 24th at noon, you can explore and have a picnic at Boggy Creek Farm. The farm stand will be open so you can shop for your produce, then sit down to a lovely turkey or vegetarian lunch. I'd say that's a bargain for $35.

I love this idea so much that I have cajoled Elliott into letting me give one of my readers a ticket on the April 24th ride to Boggy Creek. On Wednesday April 14th at 7 pm, I will pick at random a winner from the comments on this post.

So, what are you waiting for? Go post a comment, buy a ticket and tune up that bike!